Well, as from the title itself, you can predict that I was with VJCO for the past 2 weeks. Starting from 25th May, when I first went HongKong with the orchestra. It was also my first time taking a plane (: It was a bit scary when the plane is taking off haha. My ears keep getting jammed whenever the plane goes up or down. Ahh...I returned the reflections booklet to my group leader so I cant really remember the name of the places I went, so I'll be using more pictures than words haha.
Day 1
Had a meal right after arriving in Hongkong. Went on to some "community club" to watch a free performance by some random 10-person orchestra. People inside not that random though, some from HKCO. Almost fell asleep but I didnt. I was somehow moved by their serious attitude towards such a "casual atmosphere", and of course their music. 10 people, they play as if there were 30 of us. Impressive! Went to some shopping centre to shop after watching the performance. Dint spend any money (as usual). Dinner after shopping. Had corn soup AGAIN. Went back to hotel after the 'corn' meal.
Damn...I'm too lazy to do a Day 2,3,4 & 5 now and I'm just gonna spam what i can now.
Met with some minor traffic accidents for 2 consecutive days. The HK police are damn efficient. The accident happened for only like 1min and we were still recovering from the shock, the traffic police were already there. Look at the police on the left, he must be super stressful hahaha.
Oh, just remembered about the bus ride to Lantau Island. Super bumpy...plus the bus keep going left and right, up and down! VJCO play cards everywhere haha, in hotel, on buses. Call it Bridge-mania or Bridge-frenzy or whatever. Oh still rmb some people use my lap as pillow to sleep on during the long bus rides. Haha. Luckily my legs are strong enough! About the food we had in HongKong...actually its quite good...just that all the restaurant serves the same food...ESPECIALLY the IMFAMOUS corn soup! HAHAHA! Almost vomited by the 3rd time we had it AGAIN. Well, probably my first time spending so much money on my own without the presence of my parent. Shopping is quite addictive, esp. when you have money in your wallet and no one is stopping you. Haha, now I can understand why people use credit card till bankrupt >.<"
The last time I went to a theme park was when I was Primary 6, after the PSLE. Well it was ESCAPE theme park then. This time in HK was OCEAN PARK! Took cable car up the hill...the scenery was great! Some people was pretty afraid when the cable car was ascending. LOL. I was glad that I went for every ride that my friends took HAHAHA. I didnt chicken out! Initially I was feeling slightly insecure (ROFL?) cos I havent been playing these exciting rides for 5 years! But I got the hang of it after a while and was yearning for even more but time doesnt allow ):
On the whole, I have learnt not only more about music and have fun, but also bond with the orchestra members. Got to talk to people that I didnt get to talk to before, eg. YanZhou, who looks so innocent and guai. Haha, he can be playful too! Now I feel more bonded to the orchestra (: at the beginning of the year i was super out larh =( The trip also allows me to relax myself from all the stress in school....hais Mid years coming right after the June holidays...and also re-think about some things. Well, the 5 days was enough for me to think and I've know myself better (:
CO Chalet (2nd-4th June)
Still in the playing mood! Unfortunately i wasnt enjoying as much as I wanted cos I was kinda sick after the HK trip. I had a mild fever and sore throat a few days before the chalet. The fever subsided but the sore throat got worse ): i still eat BBQ stuff and cold drinks hahah which made it even worse. I was coughing like mad after the chalet...getting slightly better now but still feeling quite bad. Feel really bad for pangsehing my PW group. That day we were suppose to meet in school at 1pm on the 2nd day of the chalet but I was quite sick so I stayed in the chalet and slept throughout the afternoon and forgot about the time. Really sorry!!! I'll give you all the chocolates that I've bought in HK(one box only haha).
Oh I didnt forget something. If you happen to see this...Take care Lijun! Hope your eye is recovering fast and not painful anymore! You still owe me my Zhongruan box and pick! and pls lend me notes i need to copy them hahah, cos I ponned some lectures and tutorials during the last week of school. J1s all the best for your(and my) Mid-yrs! J2s all the best for your CT2! SEE YA!
Friday, June 6, 2008
CO HongKong Trip, CO Chalet
----____----
ChinCher
at
2:37 AM